How things work…..
Those in control, the political class, the 1%, need and want your support. In order to get it they make you afraid of things. They are playing the game on you of “It’s a dangerous world,” and only what I have to offer can save you.
Feeling scared and vulnerable we agree to turn over our agency to them and support them by voting for them, buying their products, or mimicking their talking points. Their propaganda becomes our beliefs and opinions. Then an echo chamber is created and the belief becomes a meme which is like a virus which is socially contagious and the more people infected by the meme the more powerful it becomes and it takes over groups, communities, and societies.
That’s how the 1% get and maintain power playing “It’s a dangerous world.” Their power and control comes from your fear which contributes to your compliance and support.
What can you do about it?
- Identify your fears which the 1% are generating.
- Consider other ways of managing your fears than just complying with the expectations and requirements of those who are trying to sell you something or obtain your cooperation with their agenda.
- Develop your options.
- Choose the one that most aligns with your fundamental values and your conscience.
- Resist the pressure from the 1% and move in your own direction which you believe supports your best self and best community for others.
- Periodically review how the path you have chosen is working for you and adjust.
- Share your better way with others. Create, and maintain a support system.
- Instead of playing “It’s a dangerous world,” play the game of “There’s a need/problem I can solve if I engage my better self and the better selves of others in the process.”